Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Jordan!



Happy Birthday to my baby boy Jordan....well not such a baby anymore! Where does time go? I can't hardly believe today he is 9. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital....less than 12 hours old....that was my husband's idea...not mine :o) Along with Riley who was only 19 months old. What were we thinking? And here we are 9 years and 2 more children later :o) What a blessing Jordan is to our family! He is such a passionate and kind little boy. Last night I was putting him to bed and gave him his birth story recap. I told him how we knew we were going in to have him and we were so excited. And then I told him how excited we were when he finally arrived. He asked if I cried "tears of happiness" and I told him I did! Then we had a great conversation about God...prompted by him of course. He wanted to talk about how cool and weird it is that God is the same yesterday, today and and forever. How cool is that! We are just so proud of the boy he has become and the man he will become. We are truly blessed! We are celebrating today with our usual birthday breakfast, cookie dough, as picked out by Jordan. I will also take lunch to his school and eat with him in the cafeteria. We went out to dinner last night with the Beeson's because Jordan has baseball practice tonight. And then we will have a friend "paintball" birthday next week at the City Life Community Center. So the celebration will go on! Jordan must take after me because he thinks he should get to celebrate his birthday the whole month of May! Too funny :o)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Jordan!

Love,
The Trigsteds

Andrea...could you e mail me your address...sorry! (Gabby has a thankyou for Abby.)

Wendy said...

Okay...I lost the email with your address. I still have yet to mail Abby's thank you. One more time for this slow friend? Pleeeeezzzz!