Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hello from Missoula!

Just a quick blog to say hi! We don't have internet yet but Brian's laptop picks up about 8 wireless signals from our neighbors. We have one room in the house put together...the living room. I come in here to take a deep breath and remind myself that someday the house will be put together. We have already met some great neighbors. 2 houses behind us...both stay-at-home moms...one with a 4 yr. old girl and a 7 yr. old boy and the other with 2 girls, 4 and 6 and a 5 month old boy needless to say Abby is having a great time. On Friday when they started playing with the neighbor kids it warmed my heart. They had all been so sad to leave their friends! The other family lives across the street from us and they have a 3 and 4 year old girl and a baby on the way. 2 families brought us cookies and brownies...how cute is that!! We just need to find some older boys for Riley to play with. The older boys spent this afternoon fishing with Brian so that was good for them to get out of the house. Next week they will be going to a VBS that one of the larger churches in town is putting on. I figured that would help them get some energy out. Unfortunately, I have been so busy unpacking I haven't made it to Target or Old Navy yet....can you believe it? I think both stores are only 3 minutes from our house. We did walk .5 mile last night to Coldstone to get ice cream with the Beeson's. Can't make that a habit!! But I guess if we have to go walking there makes it a little better, right? Our 1st preview service is 2 weeks from today so we are excited about that! Several people we have met have seemed very interested in the new church and said they have been looking for a church! We are excited for what God has called us to do here in this new town. We do however miss all of our Lewiston friends so much!! Looking forward to coming back to visit when our house their sells and closes! Until then, we'll keep in touch in Blogland!

5 comments:

Kristi O said...

YEAH! I am glad you are settling in. I am glad that neghibors were so welcoming. We will be praying for your preview service!!

Wendy said...

Oh...I love that you were brought brownies and cookies. So sweet. I'm happy to hear that the kids found some playmates. We will be praying for Riley to make some connections. Gabby just asked me as I was tucking her in if Abby could have a sleepover. I had to remind her that you moved to another town. She looked at me blankly. She settled for drawing Abby a picture which we will send! Love to you all...

Unknown said...

Glad you guys made it safe and sound...how exciting! We will be praying for you and for all that God wants to do there...if I can get beyond my covetous thoughts that you have a Target.

Cheri said...

(Sigh). So easily replaced. I'm glad the kiddos are making new friends though- that will make this transition so much easier on them and on you.

Will be praying for that first service also (and the ones after that!) Tell Brian I said "No Pressure!"

LOVE that you have pilfered wireless service off the neighbors... desperate times call for desperate measures. If a girl can't get to TARGET or Old Navy- you have to do SOMETHING as an outlet for stress! Link to the Catwoman in TX blog off of my blog- hilarious ode to Target on there!

miss you!

The Hussy Housewife said...

Of course you have made connectins already!!!! That is your MO. What nice neighbors you have bringing you brownies.....you know that is the other moms way of making sure you get a muffin top for their own gratification:) They don't want a new MILF moving into town,,,ya know???

Miss Ya!!