Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Olympia crew comes to visit!

My parents were here this last week and we had such a nice visit! It was there first visit to Missoula so there was so much to see. On Wednesday, my mom and I visited the Missoula school of massage for a little pampering which was so great! While we were relaxing, Dave took the other kids to a movie and to the carousel. On Thursday, my parents took the kids to a kid's festival at the park where they got to play and ride the carousel yet again. They took Thursday night off since we were having our dinner group and went out to dinner by themselves. Friday the boys and Abby went bowling with Grandpa and Grandma while I stayed at home and rested with Brock. That night we went out to Carino's Italian Grill, yet another yummy Missoula restaurant. We finished off there visit with a trip to the Missoula farmer's market this morning. The market is so much fun, but a little overwhelming with 4 kids to keep track of. I am so glad they made the trip even though it took them 10 hours to drive each way...most people would probably make it in 7.5 hours. They just like to go a little slower and enjoy the sights :o) Thanks for coming to visit ~ we miss you already!!

3 generations! My mom, myself and Abby. We took at least 10 pictures to get this one. Abby kept making silly faces! I should have taken my glasses off so I could see if there is any resemblance. I know for a fact that Abby has a lot of the same traits as my mom....mainly her eating habits. She has always preferred healthier foods and even asks for salads and prefers water over pop. It is a strange thing the traits that can pass through genes.

Grandpa Dave and Abby at the Missoula farmer's market.

Abby's favorite pastime when grandma is here...doing grandma's hair! And what a trooper my mom is. She just sits there as Abby tugs and pulls on her hair and puts lots of clips and ponies in!

0 comments: