Saturday, August 9, 2008

You know your a redneck when...

I have mentioned in previous blogs that we started a Thursday night dinner group at our house several weeks ago. It started with a couple of our neighbors and a couple that had come to our church preview service. Each week we pick a theme and invite new couples. Our themes have been BBQ, Mexican, Italian and this week being fair week we decided to have "Redneck" food. Some people went all out and it was hilarious! Some of our menu items included tater tot casserole (that was my recipe), hillbilly chili, spam pasta salad, pork rinds, an elk meat and cheese whiz platter, beer butt chicken, hot dogs on bread, and of course moon pies and deep fried twinkies for dessert. I was pretty sure we were all going to go home hungry! But in the end most people tried a little of everything and went home with indigestion. I am thinking our next group should be a cranberry juice and flax seed cleansing dinner! We did end up laughing a lot however and had a great time visiting with some of the new families there this week! Hope you enjoy the pics!

The "Redneck" spread! It was all kind of the same color! No vegetables present!

Our gathering spot at our neighbors house.

My friend Michelle I met at the mom's play group who is also a neighbor.

Brandy (another neighbor) deep frying twinkies for dessert! Yum Yum!

Some more deep fried delicacies! This time it's deep fried Little Debbies!

Proof that they were actually deep fried! Who thought this recipe up? Actually, I looked it up and it was quite interesting to read about. You can check it out here.

Lindsy and the moon pie dessert! It is amazing how a can of Redi-whip and a cake plate will fancy up your moon pies!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Love all the new pics. I almost puked at your descriptions and pictures of the "redneck" party. And yes, you can have salad if it's served in "Cool Whip" bowls.

Andrea said...

I loved your idea to serve things in cool whip bowls...I just couldn't round up enough in time!

Kristi O said...

that is GREAT I wish I would have been there!