Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Moser update!

I have realized that I rarely post on my blog without pictures. I think it is because I don't consider myself to be a great writer and I don't really enjoy writing...truth be told. But I thought I would update you a little bit on the Moser happenings since someone made a recent comment that my blog needed to be updated.

A lot has happened at the house but I still need to take some new pictures. We have finished painting which was a grueling task...but I think it turned out great! I did try to take some pics but the lighting was a little off so they didn't turn out that well. We do have some light fixtures now so I might try to take a few more today. We have some of our kitchen cabinets in and all of our bathroom vanities ;o) The tile has been started and is looking good. The outside is mainly done, just a little touch up and exterior lights. Carpet is scheduled to go in next Monday and Dave is hoping to have it finished up before Thanksgiving....crazy! I am thinking we will be moving stuff in next weekend and it might be Banquet frozen turkey dinners for us this Thanksgiving ;o) I am excited to be in before Christmas though. It will be so nice to finally feel settled...I know the kids are excited to have some feeling of normalcy back ;o) Oh and one prayer request...we need our plumber to finish up. Seriously, Dave has not been able to get a hold of him for 2 weeks and I am getting a little nervous. He is the only subcontractor we have had to use and you here stories about people taking the money and running. Anyway, to make a long story short we really need to him to finish the job he started so please pray that we would have favor with him and he would have integrity ;o)

And now for a church update...things are going well. We have had a steady crowd each week that seems to be the same people from week to week. It has been great to get to meet new people each week and to start building relationships with families that have been consistently coming back each week. Worship has been great and I have turned the nursery over to a wonderful, capable gal we have on our team so I have been able to be in the service, worship and listen to Brian preach. Sunday set up has gotten easier each week and it starting to feel like a routine (in a good way.)

With that, I am going to go and I promise to take some pictures soon. Brian and I are going to take Brock on a little hike and maybe go to lunch. Hope all is well with you in blog-land ;o)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you have a steady group of people coming back each Sunday. The more relationships you build, the more it will feel like home. Can't wait to see pictures of the finished house...we are SO excited for you! Blessings!

Andrea said...

Stay tuned for new pics...I finally went and took some today and I am uploading them soon ;o)

Wendy said...

Okay...still waiting for those updated pics! I'm sure your busy packing/moving...how exciting. I did have another tile question...are those 16 inch or 12x12? Just wondering...we are doing our entryway.

Andrea said...

New pics are coming...titles "Almost there..." We aren't really busy moving./packing yet because we are still waiting for some gas hookup issues to be worked out...please please please pray that it all gets worked out because I am ready to feel settled! The tile is 16x16 in our entry kitchen....Montagna Beluno from Home Depot. I really like the way it turned out and it is kind of a dirt color so it shouldn't show dirt...that is my theory anyway. Very reasonably priced too! We used it all over our house...just changed to 12x12 in the bathrooms.