Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We have a floor!


I know these pictures are pretty mundane but to me they are progress! Today we poured the concrete for the basement floor which means the next step is framing. We needed some extra help for the concrete so Brian asked a few of our neighbors (offering to pay them of course.) They came out at 5:30am to help and then wouldn't take the money. People amaze me with there generosity sometimes! Tomorrow we are having are Thursday night dinner group with some new friends we have made including some of our neighbors. We look forward to the opportunity to get together and get to know them better. We also have a couple coming that heard about our church through some marketing we did. That should be fun to meet them as well. On Friday, we are heading back to Lewiston to pack up the stuff we left at our house and meet some prospective renters. We have not sold the house yet and think this is the direction God is leading us...we appreciate any prayers to help is make the right decision! We look forward to seeing all of our friends in Lewiston!

3 comments:

Kristi O said...

how exciting!!! what progress. I would love to see you this weekend. call me

Cheri said...

Good job updating! The house looks awesome- Concrete only to some, major step forward for you!

I am bummed we will miss you this weekend! I guess it is good though- watching you move the rest of the stuff out of 278 (yes, still knocked up, still exempting myself from box moving) would be too sad. Too final. Like the concrete isn't enough. Praying for excellent renters for you and a positive experience with that.

The Hussy Housewife said...

Progress!!!! Waiting for more updates.

PS- You do have Word Verification..so I am officially on comment strike, HA!