Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bring on the savings!


So...I have been checking out a few money saving blogs and getting tips on how to use coupons. I already know how but I wanted some ideas of where to get more. So I gathered up some coupons mainly printed off the web and went off to Walgreen's this morning with my flyer in hand. I guess it is a challenge for me to see how much I can get for free. Anyway, the above picture is what I ended up with. Over $100 worth before the sale price and after coupons and the rebates it cost $15.75. That includes the auctomatic shower cleaner which I am not to sure about but what the heck it was free and 8 bags of Halloween candy that I will put away for trick-or-treating. The neighborhood we are in is pretty popular on Halloween so I needed to stock up. I might even have Brian hide it so the kids or I won't think we need to get into it before Oct. 31st ;o) So I was pretty impressed with my trip to Walgreen's. I might have to try this out weekly....it is only a couple blocks from our house which is nice too. If any of you want the links to some of the sites I found let me know and I will post them. Happy bargain shopping!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Okay...Yes!!!I want your links...your pile looks exactly like what I just bought at WalMart for over 100.00!!! Show me your ways wise one.

Dawn said...

Amazing! I realize that you only paid $15.75 for over $100 in value, but is that in immediate savings, or is some of it in mail-in rebates? Send the links... I wanna be like you-oo-oo And save my money too-oo-oo

The Hussy Housewife said...

Only you caould get pain to shop!! I will try your ways...let you know how it goes.

I saw all this on Oprah to..still don't know how you can make dinner for a family for $4..will someone please explain that to me??