Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kids eat free!!

With Y2.008K approaching (that is what Brian is calling the failing economy) we have decided to try to tighten up the belt (the budget belt that is!) I have been trying to think of ways to save and was inspired by a couple things on Oprah this week. She has a show featuring a bargain shopping family this week and I was reminded of a few things. Firstly, they talked about restaurants that have "Kids Eat Free" deals. So I looked up the restaurants in our town and I found 3. Mondays and Thursdays IHOP has a kids eat free deal from 4pm-8pm. On Tuesdays, Denny's offers it from 4pm-10pm and lastly Perkins offers free meals for kids on Wednesday from 5pm-9pm. In most cases you get 2 free kids meals per adult which would cover our family. Granted these aren't our favorite places to eat but if we want to go out on a budget this is a good option. If you want to find places in your city, click here. Secondly, I learned that our Walmart matches any advertised prices so I can go through the Wednesday grocery ads and plan my meals based on what is on sale, make a list, and then go to just one store to buy all of the groceries. I just have to make a list with the sale prices and Walmart will match it...a good savings of time and gas not to have to drive all over town! I am also going to start being more vigilant about using coupons. Let the savings begin!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Andrea...did you read my recent post how I did Flag Football pictures for .84 cents at Costco? The equivalent package from the photography studio was 18.00! I'm with you. Our belt is on tight...let the savings begin! Also...do you have an Applebees? Kids eat off the kids menu for free on Wednesdays here...something to check on!

Andrea said...

Nice bargain on the pics! I did check our Applebees and they are not offering that deal. I know Shari's in Lewiston also has "Kids Eat Free" on Sat. and Sun.