Friday, October 10, 2008

House progress!


Siding is going up this week! It still needs caulk and touch up paint and then it will be finished. The sewer guys are also finishing up and then they will bring in yards and yards of fill and cover up the front and create a hill going down the side of the house.

The living room fireplace was framed in plus insulation went in. We should be ready to drywall next week!

Our electrical and fire sprinkler systems are finished which means we can move on to drywall! We live too far away from a fire station apparently so we were required to put in a sprinkler system.


The view from our front porch. Not too interesting...I just thought I would take a picture in this direction to give a perspective of our neighborhood. We are at the end of a cul-de-sac, but our lot is 1/2 acre and our neighbors is 3 acres so we have quite a bit of space between us and them. We are planning a circular drive so we will not have much lawn to mow in the front which Brian will appreciate.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, Andrea...don't burn the popcorn...you'll be running through the sprinklers.

Andrea said...

I know...right? I was a little worried about that. I was wondering what was worse...water damage or smoke damage. I actually figured out that these are mainly so if our house catches on fire, we don't catch the other houses on fire...we are just nice neighbors like that ;o)

Cheri said...

I need the explanation for the sprinklers too.. I didn't think of that! Just one more detail... We are painting on Monday!! Texture is drying over the weekend...

Andrea said...

How exciting to get to paint! I am still trying to figure out all of our colors for that...I did finish buying appliances today. I went through an appliance store in NY that has an online site. I got them at about 50% off the suggested retail price ;o) Hopefully they will get here in a timely manner and in one working piece!

Dawn said...

Andrea: we already have sprinklers in our house (the previous owners put them in because someone in the family was handicapped). Anyway.. I always worry about burning something for the same reason, but Phil has assured me that the sprinklers only come on in certain instances. And they don't come on in the whole house at the same time... when you are done picking colors and such come on over and help me pick for the basement! I need your eyes... I am completely lame when it comes to things like this...