Thursday, February 21, 2008

Binky Snob!!!!

So I knew Brock loved his binky but I didn't realize he was such a "Binky Snob!" We know he likes Mam pacifiers so that is all we have bought but we didn't realize he is so partial to the silicone kind and has quite a distaste for latex. I found this out tonight as we were in his room getting him dressed for bed. I didn't have a binky and he was fussing so I grabbed one out of the binky drawer (yes he has a drawer in his little bedroom table devoted to binkys and binky paraphernalia.) He put the binky in his mouth and made a funny look, he then took it out and inspected it and stuck it back in. This went on a couple more times before he squealed (not in a cute way) and threw the binky across the room. He then looked at me as if I had tried to poison him. Next he got off the changing table and ran to the drawer in search of another one. He rifled through the drawer and only found latex binkys. He looked at me again as if to say " Find me a binky or else..." all the while moaning "binty, binty, binty." When I finally found him a silicone one he popped it in and smiled. All is good! What kind of a binky monster have we created!!! We always thought it would be great to have a binky baby, as our first 3 children wouldn't have any thing to do with them, but now we are having second thoughts. It definitely has its perks, but I find myself wondering what to do as his 2nd birthday is approaching. Any suggestions out there from MORBS (that would be short for Moms of Recovered Binky Snobs) ?? The nice thing is the binky hasn't hindered his speech which is surpising. He is such a little mocking bird and he is saying new words on a daily basis. Some of my favorites are:
binty = binky
i wug gu = i love you
oh s**t = horsey (it really does sound like he is swearing, I am nor sure why horse comes out like this but it is the same everytime, I always have to repeat "your right that is a HORSEY"
ni ni - night night
truckie - truck
elkkkkkk - elk (with a lot of emphasis on the k as if he is German)
peez - please
taint tu - thank you

2 comments:

Ange~ said...

Ysa was a binky snob too. We tried cutting one so that all she got was the base, and think it was broken. I had a hard time giving up the binky, I felt so bad for her- but then the dentist said we had to take it away ASAP as she was developing an over-bite, so I had to be tough after that. We just quit cold-turkey. I can't remember if I had her help me throw them away, or if I told her we lost them....

The Hussy Housewife said...

WOW, what highly sensory taste bud receptor cells he has! I smell a food taster/connaisseur on our hands:)