Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thank God for Preschool Teachers and sun-shiney days!









After spending a week with my children in Missoula 24/7 I realized I am thankful for the little breaks like pre-school and such! I also am enjoying the nicer weather so they can play outside and get out all of the energy they have stored up all winter! I got to spend yesterday morning in Abby's preschool class for her snack day and it also made me realize what gifted and patient people pre-school teachers (or all teachers for that matter) are! Keeping 15-4 and 5 year olds (10 of which are boys) focused for 3 hours is such an amazing feat! I probably feel this way partly because I still have younger children at home. At any rate I truly admire Abby's teachers for the love, patience and grace they have with the children. Abby asked if Brock could join her for her snack day so we brought him along. He had a great time playing in the big tub of rice, fishing in the "letter lake" and playing in the "Alphabet Soup " (a big bowl full of raw pasta noodles with plastic letters.) He also sat down with the kids during circle time. It was so cute! I can' believe how well Abby is doing at recognizing her alphabet and many words as well. It is amazing how quickly they grow and how much they learn. She is such a bright, witty and adorable little girl and I don't just say that because I am her mom!

2 comments:

Ange~ said...

I think I taught dance to your preschool teacher's daughter.

Andrea said...

They both have daughters...one is Maddy (sp?) and the other one has a kindergartner Julia...which one?