Friday, May 23, 2008

She's crafty...or at least aspires to be!

I can be a little crafty from time to time....most of the time I just don't have the time! However, one of my favorite things to do has been making end of the year teacher gifts. Especially because my friend Kelly takes gorgeous pictures of the kids at Cornerstone and then gives me copies to use in the gifts. So this year, I went down to CropPaperScissors (such a cute store) and got a few ideas for projects. And in typical Andrea fashion (procrastionation) I finished up the projects this morning. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. To give myself a little credit I actually started the project 3 weeks ago but just never got around to finishing. So I though I would share the pictures. The first was first for Riley's teacher. They (they being the "scrapbookers") call this an exploding box. I was first introduced to this project by my really crafty friend, Jamie B. She mad me a cute one of these a few years ago as a gift!



The second project is a chipboard purse. Who knew there was such a thing! I covered the outside and embellished it...it was trial and error and Jamie L. saved me from it looking like a Sesame Street character. Yes the purse looked like a character straight out of sesame street with 2 eyes, a nose and ribbons in it's hair but after some imagination and lot of laughs it turned out pretty cute! We also used the Cricuit to cut the lettering. Might have to get one of those for myself some day...how fun!



Hopefully the teachers will enjoy there new gifts! They were so much fun to make!

2 comments:

Kristi O said...

You are a rockstar! I love what you made. GREAT job!!!! How fun! I love them!

The Hussy Housewife said...

They turned out cute. You will have to tell us what the teachers thought.