Thursday, May 8, 2008

What am I worth??

With Mother's Day around the corner I decided to see how much I am worth as a mother. Salary.com has a Mom's Salary Wizard that is kind of fun. You just fill out how many hours you do each job and it tells you how much you are worth a year. You can also personalize it with your zip code so it reflects what others are making in your area. It is for both stay-at-home moms as well as working ones. Of course I know that the rewards of being a stay-at-home mom aren't monetary and the benefits are intangible...just thought it would be fun. Here is how my hours of work broke down.

Housekeeper 17.2

Day Care Center Teacher 16.5

Cook 11.5

Computer Operator 8

Laundry Machine Operator 8.1

Janitor 6.4

Facilities Manager 6.8

Chief Executive Officer 6.4

Van Driver 6.6

Psychologist 6.9

Interior Designer 2

Administrative Assistant 2

Event Planner 1

Bookkeeper 2

General Maintenance Worker 2

Groundskeeper 1

Nutritionist 1

Staff Nurse - RN 1

Plumber 0.5

Logistics Analyst 1




All Jobs Combined 107.9

Apparently I put in almost 108 hours a week or 15 hours a day which explains why I am so tired all of the time! And all totaled I am worth $125,964. WOW! That degree from WSU has sure paid off!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms reading this...stay-at-home and working alike! I know you are all worth hundreds of thousands a year as well!!

1 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Looks like our hubbies own us lots of "back pay". I am now calling a attorney to find out how to collect!! I will let you know how it goes.