Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Riley!

I can't believe my first born baby is turning 10 today! Where does time go?? It seems like just yesterday we were heading to the hospital to have him and here we are 10 years, 3 states, 6 residences (yes we have moved a lot...poor kid) later! He has grown into such a nice young man and we couldn't be more proud! We are so blessed! Today we are celebrating his birthday by doing a few things. First, Riley was able to request his breakfast. We started a tradition with the kids a few years ago of letting them pick out "anything" they want for breakfast on their birthday and I do mean anything! So Riley picked out cookie dough and pop! Last year it was ding dongs and pop! I will have to apologize to the teacher later for any crazy behavior that results from the sugar! Later today, I will surprise Riley with lunch at school and take treats for the class. And then tonight we will have a few of his friends over for Dominos pizza (his choice) and we will walk to Coldstone for ice cream! I have defintely noticed a difference with birthdays the older he gets...gone are the days of Rescue Heros, dinosauers and trucks. Now it's video games and/or money. I guess that makes shopping for us easy :o) I found a few pics of Riley to see how much he has grown but unfortanely my older pics of when he was younger are in storage.

Riley when he lost his 1st tooth at age 4!

I think Riley still has this same look!

Riley starting kindergarten!

He has this same look still too!

My baby turns 10 today!

1 comments:

Cheri said...

I can't believe you have a 10 year old! Happy bday Riley!