Monday, September 29, 2008

River City Church Missoula update

Just thought I would give a little River City Church Missoula update. We just had our 4th Sunday service and it was great! I worked in the nursery so I missed out on Brian's sermon but heard it was really good. We are starting life groups this week so that should be fun to get to know some of the new people in the church. Brian is going to focus the whole sermon on life groups next week to share the importance of getting connected. We have developed a great core team here. Our good friends, Corey and Elizabeth, have decided not to join us in Missoula at this time with their house not selling and although Dave is still building our house, he is spending the weekends back in Lewiston with his family so our team was cut in half. It's hard to see the team change, but God in His grace has brought us some great new team members here who have commited to helping us get this church going. The first few weeks after launch our attendence dropped a bit, but went back up this week so that was encouraging. We have had a great time meeting people and figuring out how to get a "crowd of people" to turn into a "connected body of believers." Most importantly, God continues to show us that He is in charge of this church. What an experience it has been! We are looking forward to continuing to learn more about church planting every day! I included some of my artwork I have been doing for the website. It is kind of fun to get back into the graphics thing although I feel a little rusty! My husband has been trying to do his own artwork and post it on the website and we just can't have that. I told him he is a great pastor and great wildlife biologist and he should just stick to what he knows...lol!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Careful or Jeff will put your graphic eye to work too! Love the updates. We read a stat the other day that when you plant a church, you can plan on 50% of your core being gone in three years...yikes! Not sure why so high, though I think it has a lot to do with the type of people who would get "into" being part of a church plant...they tend to be younger...and younger people tend to move around more while they are getting their families settled. But a good reminder of where our trust should be!

PS...I love the new song that greets me on your blog!

Andrea said...

I think I may be for hire...becuase I don't have enough to keep me busy...lol :o) We actually read a stat that you'll lose 1/2 to 2/3 within 6 months...that scared me. But I think in knowing it I tried to give up my expectations and let God do what He would. He has been very kind, like I said in the blog, to replenish the team and of course we will be forever grateful for the group we started out with.

Dawn said...

I was so excited that first Launch Sunday... I still think about you guys: I was standing there, talking to Ron and Karla about our Missoula adventure at Missions Cafe a week ago, when I looked at my watch and said, oh, they are having service right now, and I hope it is going well! I was also surprised about the Ranstroms, and worried for you, but then remembered what an awesome God we have and I knew He'd take care of it all. I really like your graphics. I need your ideas for my scrapbook pages, not feeling very creative lately. Praying for you guys!